Hi Crafty friends,
With a countdown to Christmas, a bundle of Christmas cooking and craft projects are on the roll.
How are you all and how is the weather out there in your place? The slight chill in the climate tells me that Christmas is fast approaching. I simply love this time of the year as there are continuous festivals to celebrate, all the ‘big’ holidays are just around the corner and the year end is in sight. And, I love it for the family fun, get together, loads of shopping and yes, the Gifts….
Now on to my creation.
Am here to share a tutorial on how to gift the tea lights in a nice handcrafted box. Something common to both Diwali and Christmas. Followed the tutorial by Joann Jamieson to make this box.
- Took a piece of pink cardstock measuring 8 1/4” by 3 3/4”. Score at the longer side at ½”, 1 1 /8”, 7 1/8” and 7 ¾” and the shorter side at ½”, 1 1/8”, 2 5/8” and 3 ¼”. Make crisp creases.
- Cut out the ‘L’ shape of each corner as shown in the 2nd pic. Snip at all the four corners which will allow the little fold to flap up.
- Apply glue on the shaded part in the pic and glue down the outer flap towards inside as seen in the 3rd pic.
- Apply glue in the shaded part as shown in the 4th pic and glue it down together.
- Apply glue to the snipped ends and fold them to hold the box together.
- The box to hold the tea lights is ready.
- Now I took my Tim Holtz on the Edge die.
- Cut out 2 pcs of pattern paper and 2 pcs of the same pink card stock. Adjusted their heights and stuck them to the box.
Now, Embellish as you wish and the handcrafted cute Tea light holder is ready.
This is fairly simple to do and goes really fast.
Along with this, I made a Christmas tree treat box and a Luminary holder with a LED tealight inside.
Hope you all liked it.
Now that you have seen what I did with the theme, Its your turn! Create any project based on the above theme and link it up here. Add that personal touch to your gifts this festive season, Share it with us and you have a chance of winning a gift from the Imaginations Online store.
Not to forget, Please let me know how you liked this idea in a comment.
Handmade paper (Pink)
Mulberry paper flowers
Snow flake punch
Timholtz On the edge die -Ornate
Fiskars All that glitters stamp (On the Luminary)